Energy Modeling(also called as Energy Simulation or Building Simulation) is the process of building a computer model with all its components and simulate the Energy performance of the building. The simulation can be done for different parameters like different building envelope materials, different HVAC system to evaluate their impact on the performance
Energy Modeling is used widely for following applications
- Evaluate various Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) in design phase
- Evaluate the savings of insulation, efficient glazing, different HVAC systems etc.,
- Estimate the saving potential of recommendation proposed in Energy Audit
- Demonstrate compliance with code requirements (such as ASHRAE 90.1, EHS Trakhees) and green building rated systems (such as LEED, Estidama Pearl etc)
Course Objective :
Train the candidate from basics to become independent energy modeler with eQuest.
Course Outcomes :
- Successfully generate eQuest Energy Models
- Analyze energy reports
- Satisfy the compliance for LEED Rating systems, EHS and Estidama Pearl rating system & Compliance with ASHRAE Standard 90.1
MR. K M BAZEETH AHAMED is an official USGBC LEED Faculty & consultant in Green Buildings. He has completed his Post Graduation in Mechanical Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology in 2002 and has spent 15 years in Academics, Research, MEP Contracting, Energy Audits and Green Building Consultancy. Mr. K. M. Bazeeth Ahamed is a Certified Energy Manager and Energy Auditor. He is a LEED AP with two specialties BD+C and O+M. He is also ASHRAE Certified Building Energy Assessment Professional. He strongly believes certifications are the very best way to develop and demonstrate professional skills. He has successfully trained more than 4000 plus professionals in LEED, Green Buildings and MEP Services.