Role of Flexible Connectors
Flexible connectors are generally used to connect an equipment with moving components and fixed duct or pipe network.
Flexible connectors are used to
- Isolate the transfer of noise
- Isolate the transfer of vibrations
- Compensate for any misalignment
- Reduce stress on the pipe network
Common Applications of Flexible Connectors are
- Compressor Connection with the discharge
- Engine intake and exhaust piping
- Pumps suction and discharge piping
- Chiller inlet and outlet connections
- FCU/AHU/Fans connection with duct work and pipe work
Flexible connectors play a important role in reducing the risk of failure/leakages in hot water, steam and chilled water pipe network
Pictorial Illustrations of Flexible duct and Pipe connectors below
Notes: This is an extract from our training content for MEP/HVAC/Fire Fighting/Mechanical Engineering course.
Feel free to contact us for detailed training enquiry.